ADVERTISING COOKIE AND OPT-OUT
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
We may collect the following types of information:
- Information you provide- When you sign up with or contact Advisor Marketing through our website, phone, email, post or social media, we ask for your personal information (for example name, email address, phone number, company name and website URL). We may combine the information you submit with information from other Advisor Marketing services or third parties in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our services. For certain services, we may give you the opportunity to opt out of combining such information.
- Cookies – Cookies, pixel tags and similar technologies (collectively ‘cookies’) are files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to any internet enabled device – such as your computer, smartphone or tablet – when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie. Cookies help us improve your online experience and offer the best product and services to you. There are many types of cookies. They all work in the same way, but have minor differences.
- User communications – When you send email or other communications to Advisor Marketing, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services. When you send and receive SMS messages to or from one of our services that provides SMS functionality, we may collect and maintain information associated with those messages, such as the phone number, the wireless carrier associated with the phone number, the content of the message, and the date and time of the transaction. We may use your email address to communicate with you about our services.
- Affiliated Advisor Marketing’ services on other sites – We offer some of our services on or through other web sites. Personal information that you provide to those sites may be sent to Advisor Marketing in order to deliver the service. We process such information under strict NDA terms.
- Location data – Advisor Marketing offers location-enabled services. If you use those services, Advisor Marketing may receive information about your actual location (such as GPS signals sent by a mobile device) or information that can be used to approximate a location (such as a cell ID).
- Unique application number – Certain services include a unique application number that is not associated with your account or you. This number and information about your installation (e.g., operating system type, version number) may be sent to Advisor Marketing when you install or uninstall that service or when that service periodically contacts our servers (for example, to request automatic updates to the software).
IN ADDITION TO THE ABOVE, WE MAY USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT TO:
- Provide, maintain, protect, and improve our services (including advertising services) and develop new services.
- Protect the rights or property of Advisor Marketing or our users. If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use.
Advisor Marketing’ processes personal information on our servers in US & India. In some cases, we process personal information outside our own country.
You can use Advisor Marketing to review and control the information stored in your Advisor Marketing’ account. Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some of the Advisor Marketing’ features and services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
Advisor Marketing only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of Advisor Marketing in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Advisor Marketing, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, including appropriate encryption and physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to personal information to Advisor Marketing’ employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it on our behalf. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
ACCESSING AND UPDATING PERSONAL INFORMATION
When you use Advisor Marketing’ services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort. Because of the way we maintain certain services, after you delete your information, residual copies may take a period of time before they are deleted from our active servers and may remain in our backup systems.
HOW TO CONTACT US
In case of any questions, you can email us on email@example.com